What is BINMEI Spirulina Blue (Phycocyanin)
Other Name: Spirulina Extract, Algae Blue,Lina Blue, C-phycocyanin, PC
BINMEI Spirulina Blue (Phycocyanin) is the natural blue pigment protein extracted from organic spirulina (blue-green algea) by water. It is food & cosmetic grade , water-soluble, pure, lovely clear.
It can improve immunity, anti-oxidation, anti-tumor, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-radiation, enrich the blood, strengthen metabolism, keep full vitality, and so on.
Popular used in food, ice creams, beverages, drinks, candies, sweets, health products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.
It is a colouring food permitted by the European Union. And it is the only edible natural blue pigment approved by FDA.
Spirulina Blue (Phycocyanin)
Blue powder, with red fluorescence
30% Trehalose, 5% Sodium citrate
≥180 （E10%618 nm in distill water）
Soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol and grease
Advantages of Spirulina Blue Phycocyanin Manufactured by BINMEI
1. Good and stable quality
2. Allergen Free
3. No Animal material
4. Vegan/Vegetarian Friendly
5. Low fat,enough dietary fiber
6. Comply to EU Regulations and FDA rulers
8. Free of Cyanobacteria derived toxin
9. Over 45% protein (high bioavailability and digestibility)
10. HACCP, KOSHER, HALAL Certified producer
11. FDA facility register
12. Advanced technology processing to ensure phycocyanin activity
13. Free of chemical solvents
- SATURATED FATTY ACIDS
- POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS
- TRANS FATTY ACIDS
Spirulina Blue ( Phycocyanin )
Spirulina Extract, Algae Blue, C-phycocyanin, PC
100% Pass 80 mesh
Loss on Drying
≤ 1 ppm
≤ 1 ppm
Total Plate Count
≤ 1000 cfu/g
Yeast and Mold
≤ 100 cfu/g
SHELF LIFE UNOPENED
2 years from the date of manufacture under recommend storage conditions.
SHELF LIFE ONCE OPENED
2 years when stored in tightly sealed containers in cool and dry place.
Dry, Keep away the sunlight
1. As natural colorants and functional ingredients in Food, Sweets, Ice Creams,Beverages, Drinks, Candies, and so on.
2. As raw materials in health care products
3. As raw materials in pharmaceutical field
4. As functional ingredients in cosmetic field to nourish and cure the skin, moisturize and whiten the skin, repair cells, etc.
5. As foliar fertilization Applied in agriculture field.
1. Infrequent natural blue pigment protein
Not only bright colors, but in itself is a nutritious protein.It is very safe and healthy,
can be used as edible food colorants. Further, blue is the basic color, can be used with red and yellow to make different colors.
2. Anti-oxidation and Anti-inflammation
Phycocyanin can fight free radicals and inhibit production of inflammatory signalling molecules, providing impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Anti-cancer, anti-tumor
Phycocyanin has anti-cancer effects. Cancer happens when cells continue to grow uncontrollably. Phycocyanin has been found to prevent cancer cell growth and induces cancer apoptosis.
Excess oxygen in the brain generates Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). ROS causes damages to brain neurons, leading to strokes. Phycocyanin scavenges hydrogen peroxide, a type of ROS species, from the inside of astrocyte, reducing oxidative stress. Phycocyanin also prevents astrogliosis and glial inflammation.
Phycocyanin is found to have hepatotoxicity protection. Phycocyanin protects the liver by the means of the Cytochrome-P450 system. It can either disturb the production of menthofuran or disturb formation of α, β-unsaturated- γ-ketoaldehyde. Both of which are key components of the cytochrome P-450 system that produced a reactive metabolite that produce toxins when it binds to liver tissues. Another possible protection mechanism by C-PC can be the scavenging of reactive metabolites (or free radicals if the cause is CCl4).
6. Lower LDL and Triglyceride Levels
Heart disease is currently the world's biggest killer.
It is known that many measurable factors, termed risk factors, are linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
As it turns out, Phycocyanin has been shown to have beneficial effects on many of them.
7. Improves Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by inflammation in the nasal airways.
It is triggered by environmental allergens, such as pollen, animal hair or even wheat dust.
Phycocyanin is a popular alternative treatment for symptoms of allergic rhinitis, and there is evidence that it can be effective.
8. Against Anemia
There are many different forms of anemia.The most common one is characterized by a reduction in hemoglobin or red blood cells in the blood.
The experiment of phycocyanin in vitro shows that it has the effect of stimulating the production of erythrocyte colony (Similar to the effect of EPO).
9. Muscle Strength and Endurance May Improve
Exercise-induced oxidative damage is a major contributor to muscle fatigue. Phycocyanin has antioxidant properties that can help athletes and physically active individuals minimize this damage.
Some studies showing Phycocyanin can improve muscle strength and endurance.
10. Help With Blood Sugar Control
Animal studies have shown that Phycocyanin can significantly lower blood sugar levels.There is also some evidence that Phycocyanin can be effective in humans.
11. Nourish ovary，against low fertility
Phycocyanin PC can prevent oocyte fragmentation and aneuploidy by maintaining cytoskeletal integrity. Phycocyanin can reverse the expression of antioxidant genes, increase superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and decrease methane dicarboxylic aldehyde (MDA) content, and normalize mitochondria distribution. PC exerts its benefit by inhibiting reactive oxygen species (ROS) production, which decreases apoptosis. D-galactose-induced impaired female reproductive capability can be partially rescued by the antioxidant effects of PC.
Phycocyanin can lower blood fat level and inhibit atherosclerosis formation, and the combination of CD59 gene and phycocyanin could more effective. In addition, phycocyanin could promote the CD59 mRNA and protein expression, thus further inhibit the progress of atherosclerosis.
13. Help treat the chronic arsenic poisoning
Some research results show that spirulina extract(Phycocyanin) plus zinc is useful for the treatment of chronic arsenic poisoning with melanosis and keratosis.
14. Skin wound healing
Some research results show that spirulina extract(Phycocyanin) has highest wound healing activity and might be considered as a potential source of therapeutic agent for chronic wound and its associated complications.
15. Other functions
Improve immunity, Anti-allergy , Anti-radiation,Contribute to healthy cholesterol levels, Improve gastrointestinal and digestive health,Support cardiovascular function
,Enhance natural cleaning and detoxification , Keep full vitality and so on.
1. Phycocyanin - A Potential Drug for Cancer Treatment
2. Molecular mechanism of anti-cancer activity of phycocyanin in triple-negative breast cancer cells
3. Efficacy of spirulina extract plus zinc in patients of chronic arsenic poisoning a randomized placebo-controlled study.
4. C-phycocyanin protects against low fertility by inhibiting reactive oxygen species in aging mice
5. CD59 Underlines the Antiatherosclerotic Effects of C-Phycocyanin on Mice
Skype /Wechat: +8618069379615
Linkedin: Cathy Li Binmei
Web Site: www.binmeibio.com